The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Empty Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:18 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Despite the heat I’ll get for this someone has to say it. The political and deliberating far left messages in Moscow Boogie are not my TGOE.

I listen to Greg for his music - not to hear a huff post sponsor singing about ANTIFA!

2Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Empty Re: Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Not seeing any politics in this song, friend. He could easily by writing about the wall between his studio and bedroom. Greg looks at that wall as crucial for preserving his life at home and his life as a professional musician

3Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Empty Re: Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Krunk Fact

Krunk Fact

what r u talking about

4Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Empty Re: Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

After reading Greg’s interview TGOE’s message in this song makes complete sense that he would take a strong sense against Trump’s wall here. TGOE wouldn’t exist without such broad and diverse influences from so many different cultures - Trump’s Wall is a barrier to that - and a barrier from us advancing as a world.

5Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Empty Re: Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:47 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Amanda Bridges wrote:After reading Greg’s interview TGOE’s message in this song makes complete sense that he would take a strong sense against Trump’s wall here. TGOE wouldn’t exist without such broad and diverse influences from so many different cultures - Trump’s Wall is a barrier to that - and a barrier from us advancing as a world.

We've talked about this many a time and I do love Greg's expansive tastes - but always come back to this, my darling.

Genesis 11:8-9

"8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city.

9 That is why it was called Babel—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth."

For my own take - Christopherson's riffing is probably the best "rock and roll" sound we've heard from this group. Negut and Greg's attempts feel a bit flat on Galore's title track. Moscow is a banger!

6Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Empty Re: Officially disavowing Moscow Boogie Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:49 am

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Amanda Bridges wrote:After reading Greg’s interview TGOE’s message in this song makes complete sense that he would take a strong sense against Trump’s wall here. TGOE wouldn’t exist without such broad and diverse influences from so many different cultures - Trump’s Wall is a barrier to that - and a barrier from us advancing as a world.

I agree. Greg loved going on roadtrips and exploring every part of the U.S. he could - he's talked about how it's his favorite part of touring at Sandbaggers (I think he said his favorite place he's ever been to is Santa Fe's Indigenous market days).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum