The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Staffing Changes and Other News

+2
BLACK WALL
Bridges
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Staffing Changes and Other News Empty Staffing Changes and Other News Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:20 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

After several extensive and productive conversations with Greg Olsen, I am announcing my official resignation from the administration staff of the Tunehead Tavern and Pocatello Chapter Tunehead fan club effective immediately. This is purely a amicable and mutual decision, made in response to policy changes made from the band in order for them to reach their desired market and audience. 

My lovely wife, Amanda, who I believe we all feel has done a competent job as my loyal #2 for both the Tavern and fanclub, will now serve as the primary administrator for both the Tavern and TGOE fanclub. Surprised? Don’t be. I admit her willingness to take over as the head of the TGOE fan organizations surprised me - but she didn’t want to leave our fans behind. In other news, Marc David Nathan will move to an official publicist role on this website and as a sort of intermediary between the band and the TGOE fandom.

Anyone who might think the band is taking a hostile takeover of our site should rest easy. That is not what is happening, I can assure you. Yes, mistakes were made, and accusations of pirated content being posted here were made by the band. The band did request further oversight to make sure such things weren’t posted again and the moves were made in response, but again, not a takeover everyone - rest assured. 

Welcome the new staff! It has been such a great honor. I will now step aside and let the new fandom take over - it has been such a fond couple of decades, and I will now happily say farewell to this website as I move forward to other projects (who knows, maybe Buck n Thad are hiring! Gob Dance )

Farewell, 

Bridges Out.

2Staffing Changes and Other News Empty Re: Staffing Changes and Other News Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:07 am

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Thank you for your work to make this fandom such a close knit community, Bridges.

Congrats, Amanda. You deserve it Greg\'s Solo

3Staffing Changes and Other News Empty Re: Staffing Changes and Other News Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:42 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

So Marc iHs this purely a ceremonial position where you make sure we’re toeing TGOE’s company line or are you actually planning to do something with it?

4Staffing Changes and Other News Empty Re: Staffing Changes and Other News Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

WhatIthought189 wrote:So Marc iHs this purely a ceremonial position where you make sure we’re toeing TGOE’s company line or are you actually planning to do something with it?

Hey, Eric!

It's Greg and the band's believe that they never would have reconciled after their hiatus in 2013 had it not been for the support from the fans. Being the social media "dude" at the time, I can vouch. It allowed all sides to make compromise. We're all thankful for that, and would love to maintain a close relationship with the fandom.

We had been working with Jeff on an exclusive interview with Christopherson this October, I've already reached out again about making that happen.

5Staffing Changes and Other News Empty Re: Staffing Changes and Other News Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:02 am

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

Mandy has been the nicest person here to me so I’m good with all this. Grats!

6Staffing Changes and Other News Empty Re: Staffing Changes and Other News Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

BLACK WALL wrote:Thank you for your work to make this fandom such a close knit community, Bridges.

Congrats, Amanda. You deserve it Greg\'s Solo

Thank you, Will! I am very happy to still be here, honestly I couldn't imagine life without the tunehead fandom.

RegularJohn wrote:Mandy has been the nicest person here to me so I’m good with all this. Grats!

Mandy? That's a new one - but I appreciate your support, John! Thank you.

7Staffing Changes and Other News Empty Re: Staffing Changes and Other News Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:56 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Greg and I have buried the hatched by the way - not that anyone asked. I sent him some Chik Fil A today and we had a beautiful conversation.

I'm actually quite relieved to be taking a step back and being to focus on TGOE as a FAN for a while. Good stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]