The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quintessential Greg: The Sounds Demos

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quintessential Greg: The Sounds Demos Empty Quintessential Greg: The Sounds Demos Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:32 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Allow me to take you back to a time where Greg was in control of his band.

He had a drummer who was happy to be there (Rold's Gold)

It was before he had a Team-Berry keyboardist who resented him (Pilsby).

And Greg had an album that was shaping up to be something.

I still have the Demo on cassette - and it was the last time Greg released anything worth listening to.

1. Celtic Tango
2. Western Jingle
3. Viking War
4. Roman Interlude
5. Nordic Storm (7:00 version)
6. Irish Superstore
7. Intercity Dirge
8. Arabic Ensemble

No overrated grindie inspired garbage that everyone left their mark on (Worldly), or the techno wannabe Swedish Disco Jam or forgettable Indiana Blowhorn. Just straight up Adrian Legg inspired acoustics and non-embellished drumming from Mr. Rold. I have it in my car for my drive to work each morning - and ya'll are missing out.

Who else is on board for a re-release?

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Yo, those demos kind of suck. Rold can't keep a beat dude, what is he like 140?

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

I agree, WIT! To me there is no purer TGOE than these first demos. I've listened to it so much that Amanda has me keep them only in my Olsecave.

I'm hopeful though, with Travelin' Again it seems they're really trying to capture the core sound of that first album. Should be fun!!

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

FTR, Berry said we should be able to re-create this album after #2 Pencil drops next month.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Jimmy Lee wrote:FTR, Berry said we should be able to re-create this album after #2 Pencil drops next month.

Don't tell Bridges that. I think he tells people about being the only one who has heard those demos once every five minutes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum