The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unreleased track from the Airhead years?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unreleased track from the Airhead years? Empty Unreleased track from the Airhead years? Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:07 pm

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Ya’ll I need some help. I ran into Berry down at Elmer’s and he told me that they were rehearsing something special for the next tour. Said it was an unreleased track that Greg, Christopherson and Rold only played a couple times live and they hadn’t to relearn it from an old cassette Greg had.

Anyone remember what this could be? I vaguely remember the Airhead tour but might of remembered it as a cover.

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

It might have been the Airhead cover Counting Sheep, Berry has been known to tease things that never happen though so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing comes out of it.

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Bridges wrote:It might have been the Airhead cover Counting Sheep, Berry has been known to tease things that never happen though so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing comes out of it.

He was clear it wasn’t a cover. You know the band best tho. Maybe Berry was exaggerating but I don’t think so.

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Could the jam session you referred to here be the unreleased track Berry was talking about?

The enchantment playlist is what I think of when I think of "quintessential Greg" (whoever speculated on Musicbranz got it so wrong... I'm still not happy about that).

I still listen to it about twice a week.

1. Nordic Storm (7:00 minute jam version they did during a soundcheck).
2. Counting Sheep (Airhead Cover - but the first time it sounded like a GREG song)
3. Celtic Tango/Arabic Ensemble (back when they were one track)
4. Intercity Dirge
5. Westward to Nowhere (I was speechless through this)
6. Gullible Demo (first half of what was on Pencil)
7. Jam Session (not sure if I would call this a song - kind of like ELO's fire on high combined with Worldly Progressions. This one probably has Christopherson's best work and it pains me that I can't share it with you all)
8. Tainted Importance (this is when I told him that he was truly onto something).

There's been a lot of drama about Christopherson not giving Greg the rights to put some of these tracks on Sounds (some of Nordic & all of the Jam Sessions and Tainted), but it's important to remember that these recordings were done during sound checks and none of the band were really thinking about these recordings ever being on album. Bootlegs of Tainted are what made the fans want more - and now maybe Christopherson would make that happen (he never got the credit he deserved for allowing it on Pencil Enchantment).

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Doubtful bro. Bridges always told me that "jam session" wasn't worth listening to. Said it was an Adrian Legg ripoff with Airhead lyrics.

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

BLACK WALL wrote:Could the jam session you referred to here be the unreleased track Berry was talking about?

The enchantment playlist is what I think of when I think of "quintessential Greg" (whoever speculated on Musicbranz got it so wrong... I'm still not happy about that).

I still listen to it about twice a week.

1. Nordic Storm (7:00 minute jam version they did during a soundcheck).
2. Counting Sheep (Airhead Cover - but the first time it sounded like a GREG song)
3. Celtic Tango/Arabic Ensemble (back when they were one track)
4. Intercity Dirge
5. Westward to Nowhere (I was speechless through this)
6. Gullible Demo (first half of what was on Pencil)
7. Jam Session (not sure if I would call this a song - kind of like ELO's fire on high combined with Worldly Progressions. This one probably has Christopherson's best work and it pains me that I can't share it with you all)
8. Tainted Importance (this is when I told him that he was truly onto something).

There's been a lot of drama about Christopherson not giving Greg the rights to put some of these tracks on Sounds (some of Nordic & all of the Jam Sessions and Tainted), but it's important to remember that these recordings were done during sound checks and none of the band were really thinking about these recordings ever being on album. Bootlegs of Tainted are what made the fans want more - and now maybe Christopherson would make that happen (he never got the credit he deserved for allowing it on Pencil Enchantment).

I have it on good authority Jam Session should be dropping this week Smile I'm not sure if it's Christopherson's "best work" but it's a lot of fun. They were the guests at an auction that night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]