The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

THe understated awesome nuance of Canadian

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

SO dues I been listening to this song a lot and it's really just now hittin' me what a ****in' talented guy ya'll got leading this band.

It starts with a pretty hooky bassline. I'll be honest I didn't know what to expect until the acoutic guitar came in. Damn fine playin' too. Made me realize that the bass' intent was to serve to accuenate and set the stage for the guitar. The guitarist doesn't "pop" if the bass doesn't set the stage in the first seconds of the song.

Next comes a section that issome pure guitar playing soloin', soon the bass drops altogehter and you realize it's been the guitar's show the whole time.

Damn fine. This patterns repeats through the song. Bass Line + Acoustic Guitar + Drums + Keys (repeat, with violent to further illustrate the point later in the song). the guitarist's ability to speed up his earlier riffin' to the tempo of the track's conclusion is just showin' off at this point. Just a really powerful way to close the song. Much like the song's beginning, the guitarist hands it off to another musician (the violinist) to close the song, but we all know that this song ain't the same without that guitar. Damn.

BTW I smoked a beverly hills sized J and am seein' Cheesin' Jesus.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Lmao. I agree with all of this.

You should smoke more reefer, John,

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

my name is Reggie

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

I agree tho

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]