The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remastered edition on the way?

+2
Bridges
Jimmy Lee
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Remastered edition on the way? Empty Remastered edition on the way? Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:02 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

There's been a lot of smoke about Greg planning and then cancelling a remastered edition of Travelin' Again. It was always odd he was planning on re-leasing it just a month after the release of the OG album. We heard plans were cancelled, but I'm hearing it's back on again.

Apparently Greg was really affected by criticisms from Thaddeus (of Buck & Thad) namely.

1. What happened to Olsecles after the tease on Pencil Enchantment?
2. And... The mixing on Out back was not B&T quality.

What do you all make of this? Discuss.

2Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:15 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

James, according to board policy this thread's home should be in the "unreleased" sub forum. But, I'll let it slide.

I can confirm the re-mastered is coming. As well as an announcement about another big release. You'll have to scroll over the right forum to learn more about that one, though Wink

The re-mastered will "complete" the concept of the album while tying in Osecles, it really is quite brilliant. Greg was unhappy with some audio issues on the ad-plug, too - so expect some work to be done there.

What happy news to start our 2020 year!

3Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:43 am

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

Bridges wrote:James, according to board policy this thread's home should be in the "unreleased" sub forum. But, I'll let it slide.

I can confirm the re-mastered is coming. As well as an announcement about another big release. You'll have to scroll over the right forum to learn more about that one, though Wink

You feeling okay, hun?

4Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:45 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

I've heard the track. It's ass, guys. Though normies who like Swedish Disco Jim like Jimmy Lee will eat it up. Guess it's fitting that a disappointing album will now forever have a disappointing first track. Does anyone but Thad give a speckled shit about Olsecles? I know he's teased that **** since the Sound tour but I always cringe when I hear it. Sounds like Kiss' attempt at prog but somehow worse.

Also - Bridges you're totally wrong about where this should be posted. Maybe you've forgotten (I sure wish I could) but Travelin' Again was released in June, brah. Any re-mastered editions are re-releases of a previous album. Not exactly rocket science, mang.

I am happy they're re-mastering out back. Really liked that track. Instrumentation was a return to form and the lyrics were tolerable. Guessing the real reason they're re-doing the ad-plug is because of the sponsor (if that even is a real place, MDN did some bizarre shit on the mic in this album).

5Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:39 pm

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Bridges has started being a surly douche since the release of TA and I don't really get it.

6Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:47 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Thank you all for your input, but... Very Happy

Remastered edition on the way? Game-of-thrones-quotes-4

7Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Rolling Eyes

Whatever, Jeffy.

Berry said that on the same day they'll release the re-mastered, they're planning to drop an EP called "#2 Pencil". Berry said they had some incomplete content from the TA sessions but were so enthused after the release of TA that they decided to get them into a releasable form.

Said the whole thing should drop sometime next month.

8Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:26 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

That’s really exciting news. I knew Berry had mentioned they opted not to put in a “Worldly/Galore” leftovers song so I wondered what they planned to do with their unreleased tracks.

9Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:46 pm

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

Bridges wrote:Thank you all for your input, but...  Very Happy

If your wondering who downvoted you its yours truly! I dunno, I just admire ya for not carin' one bit about my downvotes since imma sheep and all.

10Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:55 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

What do ya do when someone thinks he's Tywin, but is really Janos Slynt?

JK, but you've really been acting like Slynt with how you flash your connection with Greg and how you've been whining about everything. Eat a snickers or something, brah.

11Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

WhatIthought189 wrote:

What do ya do when someone thinks he's Tywin, but is really Janos Slynt?

JK, but you've really been acting like Slynt with how you flash your connection with Greg and how you've been whining about everything. Eat a snickers or something, brah.

Can we tone down the snarkiness a bit? It's getting pretty brutal in here for all sides..

12Remastered edition on the way? Empty Re: Remastered edition on the way? Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:42 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Fine, fine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum