The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

#2 Pencil

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1#2 Pencil     Empty #2 Pencil Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:18 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Isn't a #2 pencil nice? Just a perfect addition for someone who needs one. I have a feeling we'll all be holding a #2 Pencil soon... but this one was never meant to write. Greg\'s Solo

2#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:48 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

HE MEANS THE NEXT EP WILL BE CALLED #2 PENCIL AS A STUPID PUN ABOUT THE FIRST ALBUM BEING CALLED "PENCIL ENCHANTMENT".

3#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:10 am

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Hey all! Greg made an unexpected visit to our haunt last night. It looks like this EP (#2 Pencil) could be dropping as soon as this weekend.

Greg indicated there could be some real fan favorites, including Nordic Storm with a Christopherson recut (SERIOUSLY). I think they'll also drop the Jam Session that Bridges' has had for a bit (it's the one you played for me from cassette at the auction, right?) good stuff. Seems like Greg is really trying to deliver for ye ol' tuneheads here. Greg\'s Solo

Also, keep an eye out for a show sometime in the next few weeks.

This news seemed long enough that I sent it out via email chain (thank you for your blessing, Amanda!)

4#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:15 am

PonderofClientelsTime

PonderofClientelsTime

Heyo MR JIM JAM!

Do you think you could share some good findings of a pondering for this release?! Is it ALL NEW MATERIALS?! You. mention. The auction! Is this the fabled early soundings performante?! 1996! I think. Feel Us. Tell us.

5#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:49 am

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Hey, Thad.

Thank you for sending me such quick and different responses over both e-mail and here! I see you are an active subscriber of the e-mail list.

To answer your e-mail question...

PonderofClientelsTime wrote:Hello MR JAMES LEE!

This is Saul Peter Montgomery Agnew!

KIDDING! This is Thaddeus.

Is Greg planning to release one of his famed live in concert show recordings of Nordic Storm! I will be pleased. This track, for me, inspired Buck n Thad from the early 90's. What a show!

I'm off to fetch some eggs at the market! This piggy is going!

Signed, by the grace of GOD

Thaddeus Eugenia Adfor

I talked to Greg about Nordic Storm. He said (as you all know) Nordic is so free form in both Christopherson and Negut's renditions that he prefer keeping their live recordings a "treat" to concert goers. This is likely a new take in the studio from the band - should be fun regardless.

PonderofClientelsTime wrote:Heyo MR JIM JAM!

Do you think you could share some good findings of a pondering for this release?! Is it ALL NEW MATERIALS?! You. mention. The auction! Is this the fabled early soundings performante?! 1996! I think. Feel Us. Tell us.

I don't think Greg's Dad funded any of his live shows (with Greg material) until 2003? Maybe he did some earlier one offs, but I thought they were limited to being an Airhead cover band in that era. But, I could be wrong! I do think this one will be that auction recording you're speaking of, Thad.

6#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:57 am

PonderofClientelsTime

PonderofClientelsTime

JAMES LESES THE SAIN TO ALL!

I will have you know, sir Jimmy Jimmy

buck n Thad are alive! On this recording. We have opened for Greg WAY BEFORE HIS FATRA PATRA FUNDED SHOWS. IT WAS FREE!

7#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:59 am

PonderofClientelsTime

PonderofClientelsTime

Greg, I WANTED YOU to know if you are reading, thank you the buddy for you have SOLD

Can you tell how Your management was Keen to ASSEMBLE THESSE LOV3 TECORSINGA! I thought they WRE TAPED BUT NOT SO CERTAIN! I'll.be waiting to hear BNT our performance of classic country JAM!

8#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Jimmy Lee wrote:Hey all! Greg made an unexpected visit to our haunt last night. It looks like this EP (#2 Pencil) could be dropping as soon as this weekend.

Jimmy, buddy! I don't mean to burst your bubble - but I find this news to be incredibly unlikely. You see, Greg hasn't even mentioned going on a drive to have me preview his new album yet - so I find it a bit of a stretch to think he'll have an album ready to release next week.

Greg indicated there could be some real fan favorites, including Nordic Storm with a Christopherson recut (SERIOUSLY). I think they'll also drop the Jam Session that Bridges' has had for a bit (it's the one you played for me from cassette at the auction, right?) good stuff. Seems like Greg is really trying to deliver for ye ol' tuneheads here. Greg\'s Solo

Ah, who is your source here? Mine is the master himself, Mr. Greg\'s Solo Greg has told me in the past that if he ever releases his "Late Night at the Lamb" tapes, that we likely would do it together. I think he feels like since I was one of his first supporters, that he's indebted a bit to me for encouraging him to keep playing after he showed me those spellbinding performances.

Also, keep an eye out for a show sometime in the next few weeks.

This news seemed long enough that I sent it out via email chain (thank you for your blessing, Amanda!)

You see, this is why I still would like to be looped in on these discussions. It prevents misinformation like this from being shared out to us tuneheads! No need to feel embarrassed, though, Jimmy! We all get a little too tuned up as tuneheads from time to time!

9#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Jeff I don't know why you disbelieve me, I ran into Greg at Walmart the other day and he said he had some tapes he was dying to share with me. Is that so hard to believe? I don't appreciate your tone.

10#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:51 pm

PonderofClientelsTime

PonderofClientelsTime

Hey to you Bridge! I can confirm! This is fishy but Mr James has been reputiated often!

11#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:41 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

PonderofClientelsTime wrote:Hey to you Bridge! I can confirm! This is fishy but Mr James has been reputiated often!

Thad, my respect for you as a musician tails only Greg\'s Solo . If you’re confirming, I trust you.

I’m just very confused. I’ll be honest, it comes out of left field and I do not feel very good about how Greg is handling this news with his fans.

12#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:11 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Imagine getting pants'd like Bridges did in this thread. What'd you do to piss off Greg, Jeffy?

#2 Pencil     Tgoe_a10

13#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:16 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

WhatIthought189 wrote:Imagine getting pants'd like Bridges did in this thread. What'd you do to piss off Greg, Jeffy?

#2 Pencil     Tgoe_a10

Wow. After everything I've done for you, Eric? I can not believe this disrespect. I am afraid this warrants a 48 hour ban for all of the flaming, insults, and unacceptable behavior that you've given myself, James, and Amanda on this forum.

14#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:21 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

As for the cover, there's just so much about the band's (namely Greg's) recent decision making that does not sit well with me as a long-time fan. I know they have had a rash of success after Travelin' Again - but if this how Greg has always wanted to operate as a band (profits over his fans) then it just makes me feel sick.

About the cover, Greg is trying to “draw himself” into something that he isn’t - and he feels trapped by his compulsion and drive for mainstream success despite his tortured creativity driving him so something far purer for us Tuneheads.

He’s beginning to lose an appreciation for the fans who have been with him steadfast from the beginning. Sure, he didn’t release no, “Suit n Tie” but we were there with him through Westward to Nowhere - we journeyed with him through the Intercities! and what do we get now? Now that he’s getting noticed by the DOZEN on rateyourmusic, nothing!

I can’t say I’m mad - but I’m disappointed. Remember when you needed a friend, Greg? Not just any kind of friend? But you needed, your best friend? I remember - and now we Tuneheads need YOU!

Did you even know your fans at all? Please listen to your Tuneheads, friends. You can trust us Tuneheads, but you can’t tune a fish (ha ha, thought I’d lighten things up).

I still believe in you, Greg.

Bridges out.

15#2 Pencil     Empty Re: #2 Pencil Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:21 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Fair enough, Bridges. Similarly, you can consider our friendship over at this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum