The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Empty Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:23 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Wow. We had an album release on February 29th and there still isn’t a thread about it by 12 am MT on March 1st. Yikes, hope you’re doing okay, Bridges.

I am listening here and will post my thoughts in this thread.

PonderofClientelsTime

PonderofClientelsTime

I HEAR the diddles of my own PROJECT!

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

We’re off and running with objectively their best live song, Nordic Storm, I fully expect that somehow, this studio track will be even worse than the first time they released it on Sounds.

Tunehead Man

Tunehead Man

I will

SAY that I am tracks into this and LOVING

WOW!

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Wow.

So um. I was wrong.

That version of Nordic, without a shed of irony, was absolutely perfect. Greg delivered exactly what I could have wanted.

Wow. I am speechless. What a track from our balla ass band leader.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Hated Brick in the Wall. Sure they got Mr. Substitute Teacher Negut to chime in on some of those vocals.

But you know what? I could not care less because we FINALLY got the real Nordic Storm with Christopher Mann Christopherson and Matt Negut going HAM - without any excessive fills from John Berry. I am on cloud nine.

So uh, 10/10 for Brick in the Wall. Whatever. The rest of the album could be Greg narrating his adventures with hemorrhoids and I’d still give it a perfect score.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

To the last track. Def the best release Greg has done since Sounds of Travel. Bit let down by Your Big Head.. guess it had been talked up a bit on here for a few years.

But you know what? It gets a 10/10 too! Nordic ****ING Storm. Onto Counting Sheep (can’t believe we actually got it).

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Who did the vocals on Counting Sheep? Was it Greg? If so, Greg slayed it. Honestly the bookends carry the release for me. Never expected TGOE to ever take real cracks at Nordic and Counting Sheep and put them on a release. February 29th was a good one this year, wow.

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

Jesus, dude. The first track was mediocre but the rest of this was ass. No offense but I think I’d trust a 3 year old’s music tastes over yours here.

TA still kicks ass tho Greg\'s Solo

10Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Empty Re: Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:54 pm

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

RegularJohn wrote:Jesus, dude. The first track was mediocre but the rest of this was crap. No offense but I think I’d trust a 3 year old’s music tastes over yours here.

TA still kicks ass tho Greg\'s Solo

11Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Empty Re: Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:26 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

John, this side of TGOE is an acquired taste but I encourage you to give it a chance. When my hubby first showed me Greg I thought he was out of his mind for telling me how much he loved it. But now? I enjoy almost everything that band releases and listen to it quite regularly.

So, so happy to hear that reaction Eric. I definitely think Greg wanted to honor the "oldheads" with this release. Smile

12Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Empty Re: Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:42 am

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

Amanda Bridges wrote:John, this side of TGOE is an acquired taste but I encourage you to give it a chance. When my hubby first showed me Greg I thought he was out of his mind for telling me how much he loved it. But now? I enjoy almost everything that band releases and listen to it quite regularly.

So, so happy to hear that reaction Eric. I definitely think Greg wanted to honor the "oldheads" with this release. Smile

Aight I gave it another go. Nordic Storm is a good track but I guess I just dont get the rest.

13Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Empty Re: Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:26 am

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

RegularJohn wrote:
Amanda Bridges wrote:John, this side of TGOE is an acquired taste but I encourage you to give it a chance. When my hubby first showed me Greg I thought he was out of his mind for telling me how much he loved it. But now? I enjoy almost everything that band releases and listen to it quite regularly.

Aight I gave it another go. Nordic Storm is a good track but I guess I just dont get the rest.

Yay!! You never know, the others might grow on you, too.

Considering there was hardly any build-up to this EP (especially compared to Travelin' Again), the response has been amazing so far!

14Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Empty Re: Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:40 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Wow. Almost a week in and still no reply from Bridges? Is he doing okay?

15Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Empty Re: Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:25 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

WhatIthought189 wrote:Wow. Almost a week in and still no reply from Bridges? Is he doing okay?

He’ll be fine. He just needs a little time. Greg\'s Solo

16Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Empty Re: Number Number 2 Pencil Reaction Thread Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:30 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

This album (well, EP, despite it being longer than Sounds) has aged well for me. The only tracks I haven't came around on are Brick in the Wall and that lazy Gullible's track they put through a crappy MIDI filter.

Everything else? Perfection. Funny to me that we had such a build up for Travelin' Again only for it to be a clear disappointment. While in comparison we heard nothing about this EP leading up to release only for it to be their best work in years.

Good work, Greg\'s Solo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum