The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

NOT A DRILL - EVERYONE GET TO SANDBAGGER'S NOW!!!

+2
WhatIthought189
Jimmy Lee
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

(Just in case you missed the e-mail this week, this is now or never, folks!)

(I'll update the setlist here).

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Yawn... just got here. Saw you out back. They've arrived. Are the odds non-zero they'll play Tainted tonight? I doubt it.

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

To address the elephant in the room.

Both Amanda and I will be there tonight. I will be there with my friend, Roxie, I expect all of us to be adults about this - and please, tonight is about four letters, and those are TGOE, please do not insert any unnecessary drama or attention into it about anything other than Greg\'s Solo

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Bridges wrote:To address the elephant in the room.

Both Amanda and I will be there tonight. I will be there with my friend, Roxie, I expect all of us to be adults about this - and please, tonight is about four letters, and those are TGOE, please do not insert any unnecessary drama or attention into it about anything other than Greg\'s Solo

You are the only one who has (repeatedly) brought this up tonight. Please, for all of us, shut the fuck up.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Show has been unapologetically travelin' again. From Pocatello, 
East African Shimmy,
Moscow Boogie, Canadian Traverse and Bermuda Joyride.

I know I should have expected this since it was advertised this way, but if you're not a fan (like I'm not), you're not missing much.

Band sounds good at least, Gregs monologuing and they're doing a "dance song" next (whatever that means)

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

WHAT A SHOW!! That acoustic cover of the arctic monkeys acoustic was AMAZING.

ENCORE UP NEXT!

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

They didn't play Tainted (of course), but playing Counting Sheep and Nordic as encores made this well worth the Gouda Bites I paid for tonight.

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

WHAT A NIGHT! That was the best show I have seen from Greg in over a decade. Having Christopherson and Negut share a stage was every bit the dream come true I thought it could be. You can tell they've been developing chemistry in that studio, when Pillsby started it off with "From Pocatello" I knew we'd be in for a great night.

Here was the set...

From Pocatello to Moscow to Olsecles…

East African Shimmy
Moscow Boogie
Canadian Traverse
Bermuda Joyride
Do I Wanna Know? (Arctic Monkeys Cover - Acoustic)
Intercity Dirge
Outback Steakhouse 

Encore
Counting Sheep
Nordic Storm

Just a good, tight show. Out of breath after that 5+ minute version of Nordic. I know why Greg wanted to get a Travelin' Again show out of his system since COVID cancelled the tour for this album. So happy I could be here and see Amanda and the gang again.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Caught the setlist again. Gotta say I'm feelin' pretty proud about doing that (yet again)

Nordic was really, really good. Seriously woulda come for that and Counting Sheep. Really wish that would be their live release. But instead how much you wanna bet we get Intercity AGAIN?

Seriously, if you're gonna play two Sounds of Travel songs, how do they continue to pick Intercity? NO ONE likes that track anymore.

This is a small one, and I know it would have outshined Travelin' Again on it's day and everything, but a small part of me hoped they'd debut a new track today.

I shuld be counting my blessings though. Not a SINGLE song from Galore. The nightmare is over. Finally.

Stubbes

Stubbes

As mad as i am at Greg i admit i am a bit bummed that i missed this

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

WhatIthought189 wrote:

You are the only one who has (repeatedly) brought this up tonight. Please, for all of us, shut the censored up.

“Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness.“

I will happily engage with you, Eric, after you have reflected on those words!

Great show! Roxie was really impressed. What a fun night. Very Happy

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

I’m still just happy as a clam from that performance. First time I could remember seeing the restaurant crowd get into Greg’s performance. The Arctic Monkeys cover was a real crowd pleaser. It was fun catching up with Krunk Fact before she headed back off to Moscow for another semester (go vandals)

Thanks for coming out, everyone!

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

[quote="Bridges"]
WhatIthought189 wrote:

You are the only one who has (repeatedly) brought this up tonight. Please, for all of us, shut the censored up.

“Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness.“

Sorry fiction isn’t really my thing.

Great show! Roxie was really impressed.

You are the only one who keeps talking about the elephant in the room like the douchebag you are. Stop. This forum was better when you wrote off Greg forever and I’m pretty sure every user on here would trade you for Amanda.

Thoughts on the show a few days later:

1. Definitely will sit out the next one if I don’t have advance notice that they’re playing Tainted.
2. I don’t look at the positive audience participation with the same positives as everyone else. Makes them look like a desperate birthday party/cruise ship cover band.
3. On the note, I’m not sure how I felt about the Nordic storm like dueling solos Christopherson and Negut played over the second part of Bermuda, felt like Greg wanted to cover up the descent to madness with something crowd pleasing. It did sound impressive, at least. Will agree with JL that Christopherson and Negut sound completely in sync after their studio work.

Did Greg write jokes to perform as stand up in the 5 minute break between Bermuda and Do I Wanna Know? It was funny, just…

4. Them playing Counting Sheep and Nordic as the encores tells me they know what still butters their bread with their true fans.
5. They played the encores so damn well. Whole show was played well but the encores were at another level.

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Glad they got Moscow's singer from the album for this show. Dude was great.

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

Hello, everyone!

The man himself has asked me to post to thank everyone for their reactions from the show. The band is all very excited about how the concert went and the positive buzz that's followed. The band is taking a short hiatus after this concert but plans to head back to the studio after this hiatus. The recording process has been Galore like in its complexity and intensity but everyone has been on the same page throughout, a big change from Galore.

Couple of tidbits from the show.

Greg thinks this would have been "more or less" their "standard" set for a Travelin' Again tour in 2020. Said the setlist was made from the tracks the band had jammed to together in 2018.

Greg said that if it were a tour, Walkin' Shepherd would have likely subbed out Intercity on some nights. He said Walkin' was the original track on the set before Delphine and Cheetah developed their chanting for this version of Intercity.

This concert was recorded. We will likely get a live track from it on the next album.

The band wasn't sure how they'd still be received playin 2023. The band said they wanted to rehearse for this concert as if it was a tour -- they needed the break from recording and didn't like how rusty their performance as at Bagger's in 2018. This response has really rejuvenated them after an exhausting recording process and they're excited to get back out there on their next tour -- one they'll take on after their next album.

Last edited by Marc David Nathin on Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Don’t like the Galore comparisons for Olsecles’ production or the news about the hiatus.

But since the band all seemed in high spirits (unlike the Galore Tour) I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Good choice on Intercity over Walkin’. Even the worst Sounds track is preferable to the best track on Galore every day of the week.

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Thank you as always, MDN!

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Is this the annual time where the forum dies for 8 months because Greg forgets he has people who actually like his band?

Anyway, been thinking on this show. My favorite part of it was their nod to the #2 Pencil EP with Counting and Nordic as their closers. Happy Greg remembered who his fans were then, ATVL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum