The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Legend of Tainted Importance

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Legend of Tainted Importance Empty The Legend of Tainted Importance Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:08 pm

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

We all know the legendary mythology behind the creation of one of Greg's most beloved songs, where do you stand on the version that finally was released? Some say that it doesn't capture the majesty of the original live performances from the early days when the Experience was just Olsen and Christopherson. I say that the version we ended up with was nothing short of a masterpiece. I'm also of the opinion that it was clear Greg was the sole composer behind the song. Christopherson's influence on TGOE has been greatly overstated, I know we had this argument on the old forum all the time and the war between the Christopherson fanatics and the Tuneheads is still a fresh wound in our memories but I think the time has come for us to acknowledge Greg's singular genius, especially with the imminent arrival of Travelin' Again which is the first album to feature NO CO-WRITERS which means no Berry, no Christopherson, pure Olsen.

2The Legend of Tainted Importance Empty Re: The Legend of Tainted Importance Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

BLACK WALL wrote:We all know the legendary mythology behind the creation of one of Greg's most beloved songs, where do you stand on the version that finally was released? Some say that it doesn't capture the majesty of the original live performances from the early days when the Experience was just Olsen and Christopherson. I say that the version we ended up with was nothing short of a masterpiece. I'm also of the opinion that it was clear Greg was the sole composer behind the song. Christopherson's influence on TGOE has been greatly overstated, I know we had this argument on the old forum all the time and the war between the Christopherson fanatics and the Tuneheads is still a fresh wound in our memories but I think the time has come for us to acknowledge Greg's singular genius, especially with the imminent arrival of Travelin' Again which is the first album to feature NO CO-WRITERS which means no Berry, no Christopherson, pure Olsen.

Tainted Importance is their "classic". I'll never get why Westward is their closer over Tainted.

Bridges. Any truth to the fact that Chrisopherson showed up in the studio for Travelin' Again?

3The Legend of Tainted Importance Empty Re: The Legend of Tainted Importance Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:34 pm

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Not to offend anybody on the forum here but I've never understood the love for Westward, that is Greg at his most egocentic. I roll my eyes every time he yells I AM GREG OLSEN, THIS IS THE EXPERIENCE and those bagpipes sound like they've been buried underwater.

4The Legend of Tainted Importance Empty Re: The Legend of Tainted Importance Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:00 pm

Tunehead Man

Tunehead Man

BLACK WALL wrote:Not to offend anybody on the forum here but I've never understood the love for Westward, that is Greg at his most egocentic. I roll my eyes every time he yells I AM GREG OLSEN, THIS IS THE EXPERIENCE and those bagpipes sound like they've been buried underwater.

THOUGH I AGREE WIT U I AM THINKIN U DO NOT UNDERSATND GREGS BRILLIANCE! I ALSO HATE WESTWARE BUT WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW lol! lol! lol!

5The Legend of Tainted Importance Empty Re: The Legend of Tainted Importance Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:32 pm

Tunehead Man

Tunehead Man

Tunehead Man wrote:
BLACK WALL wrote:Not to offend anybody on the forum here but I've never understood the love for Westward, that is Greg at his most egocentic. I roll my eyes every time he yells I AM GREG OLSEN, THIS IS THE EXPERIENCE and those bagpipes sound like they've been buried underwater.

I AM THE ORINGAL TUNEHEAD!

THOUGH I AGREE WIT U I AM THINKIN U DO NOT UNDERSATND GREGS BRILLIANCE! I ALSO HATE WESTWARE BUT WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum