The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go on the record - has Tainted Importance been surpassed on TA?

+4
WhatIthought189
RegularJohn
Jimmy Lee
BLACK WALL
8 posters

Has Tainted been surpassed?

Yes - A track on TA has surpassed it.

Yes - but it was already surpassed by a previous release.

No

I plead the TGOE!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Ya’ll know my love for Tainted Importance. The studio version, even if I feel it’s an A- compared to the Christopherson days, was what I listened to every day on my 4 minute commute.

With the variety of fun songs on the new album, has one of the tracks finally knocked Tainted from it’s throne? Go on the record here!

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

I've always put Swedish Disco Jam above Tainted - I've always thought it was the band's catchiest song and more technically impressive than TI.

With that said, both tracks were undeniably surpassed by Moscow Boogie on this release.

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

Jimmy Lee wrote:I've always put Swedish Disco Jam above Tainted - I've always thought it was the band's catchiest song and more technically impressive than TI.

With that said, both tracks were undeniably surpassed by Moscow Boogie on this release.

Moscow Boogie KICKS ASS!

Listened to their past stuff after TA. Made it through maybe 5 songs on Galore? That album sucks. Sounds of Travel was just kind of boring, but Swedish was okay I guess. Tainted Importance is kind of nice but I don't think it has anything on Moscow Boogie.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Jimmy Lee wrote:I've always put Swedish Disco Jam above Tainted - I've always thought it was the band's catchiest song and more technically impressive than TI.

Go on the record - has Tainted Importance been surpassed on TA? Giphy

Ah, typical dingleberry.  Don't sweat it, Jimmy. Oldheads are laughing at you, not with you.

RegularJohn wrote:

Moscow Boogie KICKS ASS!

Wow, Jimmy. You should be proud to have such intellectuals in your corner.

RegularJohn wrote:
Listened to their past stuff after TA. Made it through maybe 5 songs on Galore? That album sucks. Sounds of Travel was just kind of boring, but Swedish was okay I guess. Tainted Importance is kind of nice but I don't think it has anything on Moscow Boogie.

Lemme guess, is this you?

Go on the record - has Tainted Importance been surpassed on TA? Fullsi10

Jimmy Lee wrote:

Ha. No.

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

I plead the TGOE!! I spent many an hour contemplating this question and honestly they are such different beasts entirely they are impossible to compare. Tainted Importance, as I'm sure most of the so-called old heads are aware, was written as a commentary on Greg and Christopherson's fractious relationship at the time. It was their final collaboration hence the title "Tainted Importance" as the importance of their friendship had been tainted by their creative clashes. Thus, it's hard to say anything on their subsequent works capture the emotional resonance of Tainted but Travelin' Again isn't going for that sort of mood. This album is a much more lighthearted affair and with those goals it hits them completely. So I cannot compare the two.

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

Bridges wrote:I plead the TGOE!! I spent many an hour contemplating this question and honestly they are such different beasts entirely they are impossible to compare. Tainted Importance, as I'm sure most of the so-called old heads are aware, was written as a commentary on Greg and Christopherson's fractious relationship at the time. It was their final collaboration hence the title "Tainted Importance" as the importance of their friendship had been tainted by their creative clashes. Thus, it's hard to say anything on their subsequent works capture the emotional resonance of Tainted but Travelin' Again isn't going for that sort of mood. This album is a much more lighthearted affair and with those goals it hits them completely. So I cannot compare the two.

I’ve always had a theory that this is why Greg had a hard time playing this song live. It reminds him of Christopherson, and Christopherson even penned some of the riffs in it (or it’s widely believed Greg used riffs of his when putting together the song). With how close Christopherson was to Greg’s Dad, I always wondered if it reminded Greg of his Dad too. Sad

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Amanda Bridges wrote:
Bridges wrote:I plead the TGOE!! I spent many an hour contemplating this question and honestly they are such different beasts entirely they are impossible to compare. Tainted Importance, as I'm sure most of the so-called old heads are aware, was written as a commentary on Greg and Christopherson's fractious relationship at the time. It was their final collaboration hence the title "Tainted Importance" as the importance of their friendship had been tainted by their creative clashes. Thus, it's hard to say anything on their subsequent works capture the emotional resonance of Tainted but Travelin' Again isn't going for that sort of mood. This album is a much more lighthearted affair and with those goals it hits them completely. So I cannot compare the two.

I’ve always had a theory that this is why Greg had a hard time playing this song live. It reminds him of Christopherson, and Christopherson even penned some of the riffs in it (or it’s widely believed Greg used riffs of his when putting together the song). With how close Christopherson was to Greg’s Dad, I always wondered if it reminded Greg of his Dad too. Sad

To be honest I’m not sure if I see that reasoning. I’ve talked to Greg about this and he’s just said it’s not a song he wants to play.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Amanda Bridges wrote:

Christopherson is a junkie who contributed almost zero ideas to the band which is why Greg kicked him to the curb, to suggest he had ANYTHING to do with Tainted is ridiculous and offensive to me personally.

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Hey, now! Amanda might be a wrong but there’s no reason to go after her like that.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Bridges wrote:Hey, now! Amanda might be a wrong but there’s no reason to go after her like that.

I wasn't going after Amanda, I was going after you for that absolutely ridiculous take. There's a far better chance is talking about his father especially when Greg said he didn't like thinking about the song. Easy to see with a bit of critical thinking to it.

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Eric, I have never seen you be so hurtful and mean-spirited on this forum. I'm hurt, bud. Going to have to deduct an Olsen Buck for that one.

Krunk Fact

Krunk Fact

Yep I agree

Stubbes

Stubbes

I really like Kip’s solo on Outback it may be my new faverite!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum