The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tidbits on the Upcoming Album

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Empty Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

Hey all!

I debated about posting about this, but after encouragement from the hubby, I decided to make a about this after the hype over the concert to settled down.

I sat with John Berry, Marc David Nathin, and Delphine Gaffe for a while after the concert. They had some interesting things to share about this album.

- All 3 are "very proud" of the album. Said it feels "more complete" in its present form than Galore felt on release.
- Berry said he wishes he would have been more diplomatic and had humble pie during the Galore recordings - as he wonders how that album would have turned out had they had two more weeks in the studio.
- Gaffe said she was happy to be involved and while she had no idea about what she was getting herself into, she's "honored to be a part of it."
- Gaffe said she's involved "in one way or another" in 3 tracks. Those are three different tracks than Canadian Traverse. While she played the strings part on Canadian Traverse in Sandbagger's, she was not associated with the band when it was originally recorded.
- They said they are waiting to complete "two more tracks" before the album is done. They have a draft of each but Greg didn't feel either of those tracks were at "110%". Greg might be reaching out to Tom Collins for help on both, they said.
- I asked them if this album was a "concept" like Galore. Berry joked around that he didn't know he was about to be interviewed by the Tavern again (in a lighthearted way). They said it wasn't a concept... but the album felt more "connected" than anything they've done before.
- Christopherson, Greg, Negut (and my guy, Bridges) joined us at the end before they headed out. Interestingly, John Berry called Negut the "MVP" of the album - which Christopherson wholeheartedly agreed with (this makes me wonder if Christopherson has more knowledge/involvement with this album than we know). Berry said Negut's talents shine through the album. It'll be interesting to hear how much bass plays a role here.
- Greg said this album was "the album he was dreaming of" when he entered music. He said there are mistakes on the album. But he thinks the album might "turn some heads."
- Christopherson said he doubted TGOE will ever have "a hit" - but that they "have something" with this album. Said it's "very fun."

With MDN's comments on his "involvement" with the album (spoken word? narration? what could that be?) I'm really, really fascinated to see what TGOE has here. Safe to say, this is the most anticipation I've ever had for a TGOE album.

Last edited by Amanda Bridges on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Empty Re: Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:30 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Thanks for posting this. Loved hearing about this at Tuscanos. Like I said there I'd have loved to sit with you but knew I wouldn't be welcomed by JB.

3Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Empty Re: Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

You're harder on yourself than anyone else is. Really. They'd have loved to sit with more fans. Very laid back people.

4Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Empty Re: Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:08 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

More Tom Collins is always welcome in my book, loved his parts on Galore!! Definitely the more talented of the two Collins brothers in my opinion.

5Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Empty Re: Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:08 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Jimmy Lee wrote:More Tom Collins is always welcome in my book, loved his parts on Galore!! Definitely the more talented of the two Collins brothers in my opinion.

Rolling on the freak

6Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Empty Re: Tidbits on the Upcoming Album Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

WhatIthought189 wrote:
Jimmy Lee wrote:More Tom Collins is always welcome in my book, loved his parts on Galore!! Definitely the more talented of the two Collins brothers in my opinion.

Rolling on the freak

Nothing made me laugh harder in my life than his parts in Galore's title track.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum