The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wats the story of this Galore?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wats the story of this Galore? Empty Wats the story of this Galore? Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Clud Bardstrom

Clud Bardstrom

Galore in the palace of dog has a story attached to it but wat does it all mean - saw birdges comment about it in other tread and wanted to ask

thx

2Wats the story of this Galore? Empty Re: Wats the story of this Galore? Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:53 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Have you tried actually listening to the album? The concept is pretty obvious, pal.

Tbh I don't blame you if you haven't though - there's a lot of un-listenable garbage in that pile. I confess I know quite little about that album in comparison with the others.

3Wats the story of this Galore? Empty Re: Wats the story of this Galore? Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

It's a beautiful concept. I'll happily break it down.

Pacific's Parents come to the Rave of the Terrier from Yorkshire, they meet and as dogs do... mate, and give birth to a collie puppy, which they name Pacific. Meanwhile, in his Unabridged Serenade, Greg's Pomeranian Fluffy is on her legs. Greg serenades to her, unbeknownst to Pacific's existence. In Mute Mongrel, Greg says goodbye, but is worried Fluffy can't hear him anymore. As he always does, he lets his musical genius flow through him to take the pain away. Oriental Pooch, an adaptation of Oriental Express (a song Greg was working on in Sounds), is an ode to Pacific's favorite rug. A Remembrance is Greg saying a final goodbye after Fluffy's passing, with Pillsby putting in some of his best all time work on the keys. WDTDCMN is Greg's nightmare that Fluffy's spirit out there. He sees an unknown dog, calling out to him - and Greg worries that Fluffy's spirit is trying to tell him something. He wakes up at a music concert - and feels the dream had very real meaning. The Walkin' Shephard is Fluffy's spirit leading Pacific to Greg. EST has another owner finding and walking Pacific, but Pacific is still searching for her "true" owner. Trouble is that the other owner wants to adopt her, but Greg sees the other owner as a "catcher" - and Pacific flees, searching for a home full of her favorite rugs. Flight features Fluffy leading Pacific's spirit as they run away.

The title track is where they transcend the paradigm between Dog and Man. Fluffy's spirit urges Pacific to keep going. Greg feels Flfuffy's spirit and finds her and Pacific in the "place of the dog" and adopts Pacific, saving all three, and putting Fluffy's soul at ease.

What a creative way to write about a trip to Petco! Huh?

An Alternative Conclusion was inspired by a drunken night by Greg after a rough one with the Puppy's potty training. He thought this comic relief would inspire a breather from the deep content on the album!

4Wats the story of this Galore? Empty Re: Wats the story of this Galore? Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:53 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Bridges wrote: A Remembrance is Greg saying a final goodbye after Fluffy's passing, with Pillsby putting in some of his best all time work on the keys.

Does it bother anyone else that the only reason Pillsby agreed was if he got to record his own version of Worldly? Greg is the one paying him to see Greg's vision through, not the other way around. Really speaks to David's character if he wasn't willing to do something so meaningful to Greg without additional compensation for it.

Bridges wrote: An Alternative Conclusion was inspired by a drunken night by Greg after a rough one with the Puppy's potty training. He thought this comic relief would inspire a breather from the deep content on the album!

I hate the rumors that the PC fan response to his jokes about "Fluffy 2" (who isn't even a real dog) scared Greg enough to transition the words on the next album to Marc. Can't do anything in this culture these days. FTR I thought all of Greg's lyrics were cringe, but I'd prefer he give them up entirely rather than give them to someone like Marc Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by WhatIthought189 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

5Wats the story of this Galore? Empty Re: Wats the story of this Galore? Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 am

Krunk Fact

Krunk Fact

tbh its a little wierd u kno all of that bridges

6Wats the story of this Galore? Empty Re: Wats the story of this Galore? Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:16 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Krunk Fact wrote:tbh its a little wierd u kno all of that bridges

I see someone hasn't figured out who Bridges "source" is lawlz.

I read up on some of the recording session publications on Galore at the time. We're lucky we even got a release of that album with what Greg had to put up with, tbh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum