The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you think of the new album?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What do you think of the new album? Empty What do you think of the new album? Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:08 am

Stubbes

Stubbes

I like it. Unabrided is very atmosfercal , and Rave is just fun.

What do you all think?

2What do you think of the new album? Empty Re: What do you think of the new album? Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:17 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

It's been okay, save for that ***hat Berry's heightened control of the band. Mating of the Hounds has to be a ****ing joke, the double bass in that song (Which sounds like ****ing bubble wrap or a someone beating the fuck out of a hi-hit) has no place in TGOE.

Give me Arabic Ensemble, Give me Nordic Storm (The live version, not that half assed **** on Sounds), or give me Tainted Importance. If I wanted to hear half baked, misguided "metal," I'd listen to Brantley Gilbert or Nickelback.

The Greg Olsen Experience is an acoustic driven band at their very definition, and everyone who thinks differently are fooling themselves, I can only hope the rest of the album goes in a much different direction than these first four sad excuses for "songs."

3What do you think of the new album? Empty Re: What do you think of the new album? Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Whoooa there, WhatIthought, I respect your opinions as much as anyones, but let's try to keep it PG-13 around here, okay?  cat

As for my opinions on the album, I loved the deep, atmospheric introduction to Rave and the outro to Mating of the Hounds. (My mind was blown by Negut's ending banjo riff and thought Berry's countermelodic blasts of the cowbell accentuated the banjo perfectly.)

Last edited by Bridges on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

4What do you think of the new album? Empty Re: What do you think of the new album? Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:15 am

Krunk Fact

Krunk Fact

WhatIthought189 wrote:It's been okay, save for that ***hat Berry's heightened control of the band. Mating of the Hounds has to be a ****ing joke, the double bass in that song (Which sounds like ****ing bubble wrap or a someone beating the fuck out of a hi-hit) has no place in TGOE.

Give me Arabic Ensemble, Give me Nordic Storm (The live version, not that half assed **** on Sounds), or give me Tainted Importance. If I wanted to hear half baked, misguided "metal," I'd listen to Brantley Gilbert or Nickelback.

The Greg Olsen Experience is an acoustic driven band at their very definition, and everyone who thinks differently are fooling themselves, I can only hope the rest of the album goes in a much different direction than these first four sad excuses for "songs."

u are dumb. Mating of the Hounds is great!

5What do you think of the new album? Empty Re: What do you think of the new album? Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

WhatIthought189 wrote:It's been okay, save for that ***hat Berry's heightened control of the band. Mating of the Hounds has to be a ****ing joke, the double bass in that song (Which sounds like ****ing bubble wrap or a someone beating the fuck out of a hi-hit) has no place in TGOE.

Seeing that Greg has the only songwriting credit for "Mating," your theory that Berry is assuming control of the band doesn't hold much water. I suppose you should group me with the people who do not believe that TGOE is an "acoustic driven band." TGOE can be whatever they want to be, and, like it or not, they have always been a band fueled by their experimentations. (Also, since when has Tainted Importance been an "acoustic song?")

As for me, I really enjoyed Unabridged, (A track composed by Berry, mind you.) and hope that Pillsby continues to have a driving role for the remainder of the album.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum