The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's official! #2 Pencil drops on February 29th, 2020!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

Tuneheads, Rejoice! A new subforum has been made for the occasion. Here is Greg's official announcement.

It's official! #2 Pencil drops on February 29th, 2020! Tgoe_a10
It's official! #2 Pencil drops on February 29th, 2020! 87791610

Both the #2 Pencil EP and the remastered Travelin' Again will both drop this Saturday, February 29th.

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Does it bother anyone else that the title on the cover is NUMBER #2 PENCIL? Does Greg know it's redundant? I guess redundancy has always been his style...

Either way, this is one of the best album covers I've ever seen from the band. Whoever is doing this graphic design work really knows how to create a mood - is it Greg himself? I'd love to know...

Also can't forget to mention how many rumors this finally confirms. Do we have an official track list? I'm betting this has a bunch of the secret live recordings we've all been musing about. cyclops

Bottom line: Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Jimmy Lee wrote:
Bottom line: Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo Greg\'s Solo

Greg could live stream his hour long trip to the bathroom after eating Taco Bell and you'd react the same way.

I hear they're finally releasing a rightful version of Nordic Storm. I expect it to defy all odds and be worse than the Sounds version.

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

As for the cover, there's just so much about the band's (namely Greg's) recent decision making that does not sit well with me as a long-time fan. I know they have had a rash of success after Travelin' Again - but if this how Greg has always wanted to operate as a band (profits over his fans) then it just makes me feel sick.

About the cover, Greg is trying to “draw himself” into something that he isn’t - and he feels trapped by his compulsion and drive for mainstream success despite his tortured creativity driving him so something far purer for us Tuneheads.

He’s beginning to lose an appreciation for the fans who have been with him steadfast from the beginning. Sure, he didn’t release no, “Suit n Tie” but we were there with him through Westward to Nowhere - we journeyed with him through the Intercities! and what do we get now? Now that he’s getting noticed by the DOZEN on rateyourmusic, nothing!

I can’t say I’m mad - but I’m disappointed. Remember when you needed a friend, Greg? Not just any kind of friend? But you needed, your best friend? I remember - and now we Tuneheads need YOU!

Did you even know your fans at all? Please listen to your Tuneheads, friends. You can trust us Tuneheads, but you can’t tune a fish (ha ha, thought I’d lighten things up).

I still believe in you, Greg.

Bridges out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum