The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

After all this time, I am honored to present "Your Big Head..." (Live at the Lamb Auction)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Story time...

It was around 20 years ago now (believe it or not) and Greg had just confided in me that he was thinking about ending his journey as an Airhead cover artist and pursuing his dream of starting his own band. He was getting pushback from everyone about this idea, but after listening to Greg's demos, I heard talent from the mind, fingers, and voice of a visionary that the world needed to hear. We all know now that Greg went for it, and Thank God he did - because imagine a world without Greg "Olsecles" Olsen. I ended up with a copy of that cassette, and for the longest time had exclusive access to a live track that the world had not yet heard. It pained me to hold onto it for so long. Haha, I once asked Greg if I could start calling myself the "fourth" member of the band since I found out about his dreams only after Christopher Mann Christopherson and of course, Adam Rold.

Greg thought about the question, and I'll always remember how he said, "sure."

Now that this track is being released to the world on Saturday (it surprised me too! For the first time ever, Greg did not give me a preview of his cassette he was going to release to the world) I have decided to cash in on my "fourth member" status and give you all an exclusive listen to "our" song.

I hope it was worth the wait, without further ado, please enjoy "Your Big Head has a Salad in My Pants" (Live at Lamb Auction) Greg\'s Solo

Bridges' out.

EDIT: (Link forcibly removed by the band we have all been so devoted to for so long).

Last edited by Bridges on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

BLACK WALL

BLACK WALL

Jeff, are you feeling alright? With respect, this feels... a little iffy, dude.

I know TGOE is going through a lot of changes and I'm sorry about that (I read through your recent email) - but posting a leak online and saying you're justified to do so because of your status as a fan? This doesn't feel like you, homie.

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

Oh boy, is that Buck n Thad I hear opening for them in the beginning? And what in God’s holy name is that song from half way in to the end? Were they just jamming away? So impressive, wish we had a studio recording just to revel in the musical genius!

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

BLACK WALL wrote:Jeff, are you feeling alright?

I am fine, thank you.

Amanda Bridges wrote:Oh boy, is that Buck n Thad I hear opening for them in the beginning? And what in God’s holy name is that song from half way in to the end? Were they just jamming away? So impressive, wish we had a studio recording just to revel in the musical genius!

It sure is Gob Dance Their relationship sure is special one. This sure was a jam sesh, and B&T joined them for it if I recall correctly! So happy we can all now revel in this powerful performance.

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

This is.. hmm.

No comment. Hope it works out!

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

Jeff,

I’ll keep this brief. Greg and the band have understood your displeasure with the band since you wrote your first letter to us in November. 

Greg made a simple request this fall - to please stop publicly criticizing the band members (and yes, that includes John Berry). This request has led to a chain reaction from you that any reasonable person could never have anticipated.

If you want this site to remain active, take this link down now, otherwise we will be submitting a full DMCA complaint. In terms of this site receiving continued support from TGOE, after this (frankly illegal) act in your part, that bridge may already be passed.

Thank you, 

MDN

Last edited by Marc David Nathin on Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Wow, I’m speechless. Is this how the band treats their most devoted fans now? 

Bridges out

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

Bridges wrote:Wow, I’m speechless. Is this how the band treats their most devoted fans now? 

Bridges out

Hmm. I'll play. Do true fans post pirated content from their favorite band?

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Marc David Nathin wrote:
Bridges wrote:Wow, I’m speechless. Is this how the band treats their most devoted fans now? 

Bridges out

Hmm. I'll play. Do true fans post pirated content from their favorite band?

Wow. Just wow. If taking away one tiny exclusive from your most devoted fans is now this band’s mission, perhaps I’m not meant to lead this fan site again. The link is now down - I hope it was worth it.

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

I was under the impression that the band granted exclusive interviews to this website, provided free plugs on their albums and social media (just posted about ya’ll on Twitter on this week). What’s also confusing is that the song you posted is playable on bandcamp, a site that allows fans to support the work of TGOE with tiny financial contributions. Your impression seems to be that your status as a fan should allow you to have ownership of the band - and I know no real fan would have that position.

Thank you for taking down this pirated content,

MDN

Last edited by Marc David Nathin on Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

After all this time, I am honored to present "Your Big Head..." (Live at the Lamb Auction)  Giphy

Take it from me, Jeff. Sometimes you have to know when you’ve lost the battle, which pretty much happened when you decided to make this thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum