The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1

+4
Tunehead Man
RegularJohn
PonderofClientelsTime
WhatIthought189
8 posters

Pick your TOP 3 Tracks

SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_lcap20%SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_lcap10%SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_lcap15%SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_rcap 15% [ 3 ]
SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_lcap15%SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_rcap 15% [ 3 ]
SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_lcap5%SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_lcap5%SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:30 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Vote for your top 3 tracks from Sounds of Travel, A Legacy. The top 3 will face off next week! I combined Worldly with Indiana because forummotion is such ass but at least Greg has done that in his medleys anyway.

2SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:48 pm

PonderofClientelsTime

PonderofClientelsTime

John Boehner once said at a recent press conference,

"Listen to VIKING WAR!"

SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  2197 SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  2197 SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  2197

3SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:26 pm

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

I voted for SWEDISH DISCO JAM! Fuckin' deal with it.  Laughing  Greg\'s Solo

Last edited by RegularJohn on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

4SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:43 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Figures. I had you pegged for a Swedish Soyboi.

5SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:48 pm

Tunehead Man

Tunehead Man

If you ARE NOT jamming the OG ARABIC Ensemble, the first single ever available from Sounds of Travel, I do NOT

respect you. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

6SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:57 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

I was about to say we can’t seriously have a TEN WAY tie right now but then I remembered that we are dealing with *chef’s kiss** sounds of travel (seriously replace Nordic with the 2020 Nordic and this is a five star album).

7SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:04 am

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

This was a TOUGH one. Ended up going with Celtic/Arabic/Swedish/Viking. If the 2020 version of Nordic was on here I would have had to make FIVE selections. Classic album.

8SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:39 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Jimmy Lee wrote:This was a TOUGH one. Ended up going with Celtic/Arabic/Swedish/Viking. If the 2020 version of Nordic was on here I would have had to make FIVE selections. Classic album.

I thought the most normie response possible would be Celtic/Arabic/Swedish, you somehow failed to meet those expectations by copying RJ for a fourth selection. You're like the Lebron James at finding new territories of normie, Jesus.

9SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:02 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

I agree with you about Nordic, though.

10SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:23 pm

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

WhatIthought189 wrote:I was about to say we can’t seriously have a TEN WAY tie right now but then I remembered that we are dealing with *chef’s kiss** sounds of travel (seriously replace Nordic with the 2020 Nordic and this is a five star album).

EDIT: NEVERMIND!

Last edited by Marc David Nathin on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

11SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:44 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Marc David Nathin wrote:
WhatIthought189 wrote:I was about to say we can’t seriously have a TEN WAY tie right now but then I remembered that we are dealing with *chef’s kiss** sounds of travel (seriously replace Nordic with the 2020 Nordic and this is a five star album).

Interesting! There have been conversations about a Sounds re-release/remaster that would look something like this.

Celtic Tango
Western Jingle
Viking WAR
Swedish Disco Jam
Nordic Storm (2020 Remaster)
Irish Superstore
Intercity Dirge
Arabic Ensemble
Worldly Progressions (Pilsby's Reprise)

What do the tuneheads think?

I'm all about the new Nordic, but unless Greg plans to tour with that entire setlist what's the actual point? I can make this playlist on my own.

I don't really care about switching out Worldly Progressions, neither does anyone with taste not named David Pilsby.

12SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:53 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

YES. YES. YES!!!

13SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:42 pm

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

Whoops! Just had a talk with Greg and the top brass. I maaaay have shared something I wasn't supposed to. Disregard!!

- MDN

14SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:45 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Marc David Nathin wrote:Whoops! Just had a talk with Greg and the top brass. I maaaay have shared something I wasn't supposed to. Disregard!!

- MDN

Woah! Pause.

You're telling me, that after I made a mistake last year you all forced me to publicly apologize and disown my administrative rights to a fan-forum I created for a community I helped start. But you get a "te-he" slap on the wrist? So, so disappointed right now. Even moreseo by the fact you're trying to change history George Lucas and Steven Spielberg Special Edition PC/cancel culture style by removing a track that hurt Pilsby's feelings on the first LP. He is 30 years old now. He can take it and there's no need to remove some great bass moments from Negut to make Pilsby feel better about himself.

SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  ZrK595k

Just so bummed out that this is the sorry state of the fandom.

15SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Yeah wtf MDN

P.S. Bridges I'd upvote your post if I could but I'm unable to because of policies YOU implemented, makes you think, huh?

16SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:48 pm

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

Bridges wrote:
Marc David Nathin wrote:Whoops! Just had a talk with Greg and the top brass. I maaaay have shared something I wasn't supposed to. Disregard!!

- MDN

Woah! Pause.

You're telling me, that after I made a mistake last year you all forced me to publicly apologize and disown my administrative rights to a fan-forum I created for a community I helped start. But you get a "te-he" slap on the wrist? So, so disappointed right now. Even moreseo by the fact you're trying to change history George Lucas and Steven Spielberg Special Edition PC/cancel culture style by removing a track that hurt Pilsby's feelings on the first LP. He is 30 years old now. He can take it and there's no need to remove some great bass moments from Negut to make Pilsby feel better about himself.

SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  ZrK595k

Just so bummed out that this is the sorry state of the fandom.

If you're gonna open this can of worms let's dig in!

It's pretty simple, really. You posted pirated content from the band on this website without the permission of Greg (or Stuger records). Putting aside of your criticisms of the band (despite the band's support, and the plug Greg had me include for you on Travelin' Again), et tu, Bridges? You posting that pirated content alone could have resulted in this entire site getting a DMCA takedown from the band. Furthermore, you haven't actually relinquished your administrative rights, and as I know you've noticed, we're been completely okay with that as long as we don't see the abuses we did last year.

In comparison, I posted something on a Google Meet that I didn't realize was off the record (Greg corrected me when he saw it on here -- which he does read, just so ya know!).

I think that about covers it. Sorry if I'm brusque. For clarification, I post/moderate here as a volunteer - I get paid for the work I do on TGOE albums and social media.

17SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:37 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

And just like that I'm completely on MDN's side. All of that checks out with me Laughing

18SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:02 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

WhatIthought189 wrote:And just like that I'm completely on MDN's side. All of that checks out with me Laughing

But that's so you, isn't it? Happy to follow the leader when it suits you - no matter how that leader clashes with what you believe. But hey -- do yourself a favor and read this.

1 John 5:21 ESV
Little children, keep yourselves from idols.

You'd do much better speaking for yourself and holding true to your beliefs. Your passive aggressive barbs and your loyalty for hire is very unbecoming.

19SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:50 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

You know who I like? People who let me talk about The Greg Olsen Experience in a Greg Olsen Experience fan forum. You know what I really hate? This random GOD complex you’ve given yourself since you posted pirated content and have treated this slap on the wrist like you’re somehow persecuted. ALL of the threads that have been derailed lately have been derailed because of you feeling sorry for yourself. It’s sad, dude.

Now back on topic. We have a four way tie between Celtic (4 votes), & Arabic, Viking and Swedish (3 votes). Bridges I know if you can admit to yourself you still love the band you could help a bro out and sink Swedish Disco Bland.

20SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:01 am

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

This situation is tough for me because I am aware of promises made behind the scenes to my hubby. Someone asked me at Sandbagger's if it's awkward for me now that I've "replaced" my husband. As MDN pointed out, I really haven't, as Jeff has done very well to stay uninvolved despite still being the owner of the website. My hubby and I have been partners in life for a very long time and have supported each other despite us being different people.

In terms of where Jeff is right now, compare it to Galore. How long did it take Berry, Negut and Pilsby to move on from the promises broken to them? 6 years? Everything with my husband is going to take time. That doesn't excuse some of the decisions that were made by my husband, I get that, but no one can deny the hard work he poured into the TGOE fandom for almost two decades. Yes - I am fully aware that my hubby was once critical of Berry and Negut for being angry at Greg since it's "Greg's band." But this has given him a new perspective - and I'm confident things will get back to normal again.

As for your question, Eric - I think you're outta luck! Swedish is a well deserved finalist on Sounds best tracks!!!

21SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Nice! Swedish is in. This was fun, WIT! Can’t wait for round 2.

22SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1  Empty Re: SOUNDS OF TRAVEL TOURNEY - ROUND 1 Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:48 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

No problem, James.

Swedish holds on - joining Viking, Arabic and Celtic in the semifinals. Jump to that thread to keep the party going!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum