The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND

+4
PonderofClientelsTime
Bridges
Jimmy Lee
WhatIthought189
8 posters

Pick your FAVORITE Sounds of Travel track

Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Vote_lcap57%Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Vote_rcap 57% [ 4 ]
Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Vote_lcap43%Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Vote_rcap 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:42 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Arabic Ensemble vs Swedish Disco Jam - Pick your favorite and (please) choose wisely! Greg\'s Solo

2Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:24 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Let’s bring it home for Swedish Disco Jan!

3Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:42 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

I had a feeling you were coming but outside you and Amanda I don’t know if anyone else will vote for Swedish. Arabic’s got this locked up, I think.

4Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:40 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Add another vote for Arabic! This is the Greg Olsen Experience, after all. Voting for TGOE isn't a true vote for TGOE.

We can have a TJBE tourney another time Laughing

5Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:10 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Knew I could count on you, Bridges. Another vote for the good guys.

6Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:59 pm

PonderofClientelsTime

PonderofClientelsTime

Arabic Ensemble will win Very Happy

7Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:39 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

Swedish Disco Jam is the catchiest track Greg has ever released. Easy choice here Greg\'s Solo

8Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:30 pm

RegularJohn

RegularJohn

Plot Twist, ya nostalgic bitches!

Swedish Disco Jam is the ONLY thing worth listening to from the album and the rest of it sounds like outtakes to a Macaroni Grill commercial. Y'all too nostalgic to think correctly here.

9Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:06 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

RegularJohn wrote:Plot Twist, ya nostalgic bitches!

Swedish Disco Jam is the ONLY thing worth listening to from the album and the rest of it sounds like outtakes to a Macaroni Grill commercial. Y'all too nostalgic to think correctly here.

I won’t lie, I am going to be pretty upset if someone who clearly doesn’t like what TGOE truly is causes Swedish Disco Jam (the only track that Greg didn’t write himself on Sounds) to win.

I waited to post a few days to cool off (and I as hoping common sense would prevail). But we’re tied going into the last die so Question

10Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:17 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

I agree it’d be such a shame if Swedish won, Eric, but remember, Greg wrote the most iconic part of SDJ (the main riff).

Even when Greg\'s Solo loses, he finds a way to win - and boy did I learn that the hard way. Mad

11Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:51 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

WhatIthought189 wrote:

I won’t lie, I am going to be pretty upset if someone who clearly doesn’t like what TGOE truly is causes Swedish Disco Jam (the only track that Greg didn’t write himself on Sounds) to win.

I waited to post a few days to cool off (and I as hoping common sense would prevail). But we’re tied going into the last die so Question

Oh, let's be fair. Swedish has been part of TGOE for 10 YEARS now. It is absolutely part of what TGOE "truly is". Greg wouldn't play it at his shows otherwise and really seems to love the "live version only" solo he does in the track.

12Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:59 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Amanda Bridges wrote:
WhatIthought189 wrote:

Oh, let's be fair. Swedish has been part of TGOE for 10 YEARS now. It is absolutely part of what TGOE "truly is". Greg wouldn't play it at his shows otherwise and really seems to love the "live version only" solo he does in the track.

Yeah... I know. I do unironically love that solo. I knew this was a possibility when I started this contest... but I'm still going to complain about it.

Amanda, any chance you could extend this poll a day? Only thing worse than Swedish winning is this ending in a tie. Razz

13Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:03 am

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

Done! Consider this in overtime! Very Happy

14Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:15 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

This is where I disagree with my sweet wife. A vote for Swedish is a vote for The John Berry Experience. But what do I know? I was only Greg\'s Solo’s closest friend for a decade plus.

15Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:33 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Bridges wrote:But what do I know? I was only Greg\'s Solo’s closest friend for a decade plus.

Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND 098

16Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:39 am

Tunehead Man

Tunehead Man

I am HERE to say that my vote is for ARABIC ENSEMBLE!!! May the BEST song win!!!

17Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:59 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Tunehead Man wrote:I am HERE to say that my vote is for ARABIC ENSEMBLE!!! May the BEST song win!!!

YES! YES! YES!!!! My oh my - I used to think you were an obvious Bridges mult - and you know what, I still think so, too! But I no longer care about any of that because we now have a Sounds of Travel Champion!

Thank you everyone for participating and making this contest a lot of fun. I do sincerely apologize for ragging on Swedish. I should have stayed impartial, and I'll try to in the future. Swedish was... gulp, a worthy opponent (as much as it hurts to admit). Drum Solo  It was cool this legitimately had to go to "overtime" to be decided. I’ll admit I was worried MDN was going to come in and clinch it for Swedish.

Congrats, Arabic! Lol, I feel like a dungeon master right now -- and thank you so much for voting and making this a good time.

Amanda Bridges, Jimmy Lee and Marc David Nathin like this post

18Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

EDIT: It's not worth it..

19Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:42 pm

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

WhatIthought189 wrote:
Tunehead Man wrote:I am HERE to say that my vote is for ARABIC ENSEMBLE!!! May the BEST song win!!!

YES! YES! YES!!!! My oh my - I used to think you were an obvious Bridges mult - and you know what, I still think so, too! But I no longer care about any of that because we now have a Sounds of Travel Champion!

Thank you everyone for participating and making this contest a lot of fun. I do sincerely apologize for ragging on Swedish. I should have stayed impartial, and I'll try to in the future. Swedish was... gulp, a worthy opponent (as much as it hurts to admit). Drum Solo  It was cool this legitimately had to go to "overtime" to be decided. I’ll admit I was worried MDN was going to come in and clinch it for Swedish.

Congrats, Arabic! Lol, I feel like a dungeon master right now -- and thank you so much for voting and making this a good time.

I absolutely would have voted for Swedish Disco Jam but thought that’d be a conflict of interest with my position in the band. Great work on this, Eric. This was fun-

Marc

20Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:31 am

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Marc David Nathin wrote:

I absolutely would have voted for Swedish Disco Jam but thought that’d be a conflict of interest with my position in the band. Great work on this, Eric. This was fun-

Marc

I KNEW it! Thanks for abstaining, seriously. I appreciate it.

I'm glad y'all had fun. Thinking of doing a competition between the album openers next.

21Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:38 am

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

WhatIthought189 wrote:
Marc David Nathin wrote:

Marc

I KNEW it! Thanks for abstaining, seriously. I appreciate it.

I'm glad y'all had fun. Thinking of doing a competition between the album openers next.

Thanks for doing this, Eric. It definitely spiced things up around here. Now that you say it, I'm very much appreciating just how good Greg's album/EP openers really are. Seriously, we'd have to choose from...

Celtic Tango
Rave
Tainted Importance
From Pocatello...
Nordic Storm 2020

WOW!

WhatIthought189 likes this post

22Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Empty Re: Sounds of Travel - FINAL ROUND Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:55 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

Great work, Eric! I CAN'T WAIT for the opener competition. Thank you for bringing some life like this to the Tavern.

-- Amanda

WhatIthought189 likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum