The Tunehead Tavern
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rold Returns!

+2
Amanda Bridges
Bridges
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rold Returns! Empty Rold Returns! Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:02 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

....But not to TGOE.

Anyone subscribe to Buck, Kip and Thad's Fanhouse? They uploaded a jam session yesterday with our one and only Adam Rold on the kit while Buckii took the strings. I was speechless. Their set was...

1. Red, White and Country
2. Western Jingle (Country Westernized)
3. Santa's Surprise

They played Western Jingle at Celtic's tempo, giving Thad, Kip and Buck time to shine. Rold did not skip a beat and played at a perfect tempo for all three songs. Made me long for the days of Rold... but I won't say anymore that would caused me to get kicked out of here. Definitely the most energy I've heard into Western Jingle since the Airheads to Tuneheads tour! Wouldn't you agree, Eric?

2Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:42 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Even managed to snap a pic with my phone Gob Dance looking goldy roldy! 90/100 suits you well! Gob Dance

Rold Returns! 8ed0ea10

Amanda Bridges likes this post

3Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:41 am

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

This was the BEST Rold sounded in YEARS. So happy you got to see that, sweetie. cheers

Bridges likes this post

4Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:26 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Amanda Bridges wrote:This was the BEST Rold sounded in YEARS. So happy you got to see that, sweetie. cheers

He was somethin' else! I got chills seeing him playing with Kip again AND playing TGOE, no less! It was like I had found a time machine to 2004.. a simpler and more peaceful time. What fun.

5Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:09 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Kip had been excited about this for a while. Said they needed to wait to get their "old man vaccinations." Apparently Buck wanted to do this last summer but Thad refused to be around him without a mask and made Buck come around on the vaccination, too. Glad he did!

The oldheads will be happy with that performance. I honestly didn't think Rold had live performances in him anymore but this proved me wrong. Rold said that he can really do 20-30 minute bursts anymore but he didn't skip a beat with that performance. Lived up to how "legendary" his tempo was and I still don't get why what he says was the worst night of his life is what we got as a release (Intercity).

Was a lot of fun to watch. Looked like all were having a good time. Very happy for Kip.

6Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:32 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Jimmy Lee wrote:
The oldheads will be happy with that performance. I honestly didn't think Rold had live performances in him anymore but this proved me wrong.

Rold Returns! Giphy

Twas' a glorious day indeed. While it's a sad state of affairs when Greg Olsen is outdone in every. single. way. by a band covering their material, I must say I had the biggest jackass smile on my face since I first heard Sounds of Travel played through live (with Adam Rold and Kip of course) in 2004. My only regret? You beat me to this post, you dick. Gob Dance

Rold said that he can really do 20-30 minute bursts anymore but he didn't skip a beat with that performance. Lived up to how "legendary" his tempo was and I still don't get why what he says was the worst night of his life is what we got as a release (Intercity).

Was a lot of fun to watch. Looked like all were having a good time. Very happy for Kip.

Rold killed it -- and proved me right. If only he was the drummer for the Sounds album. Who knows what it would have sounded like (yeah, yeah -- not gonna get into a Rold/Berry debate with you). In my dream reality Christopherson would have stayed on too, but hey -- at least we finally got a real Nordic Storm recording in the last recording. Just happy to know your talking point that Rold couldn't keep tempo is now proven BS -- and I see you're finally admitting what Bridges and I have been saying for forever -- the only live recording we have of Rold came a day after he got food poisoning. It was literally his worst day. He could keep tempo better than anyone.

7Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:09 pm

Stubbes

Stubbes

Happy things worked out so well for KIP! Thad is clearly more talented and dynamic on guitar than Greg and Kip doesn't have Greg and Berry's hubris drowning him out anymore. KIP was unleashed here. Happy for him. Smile

8Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:21 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Stubbes wrote:Thad is clearly more talented and dynamic on guitar than Greg

Rold Returns! 277

Kip doesn't have Berry's hubris drowning him out anymore.

Agreed there, but can we go back to...

Stubbes wrote:Thad is clearly more talented and dynamic on guitar than Greg

Jesus, usually your posts make me wonder if you're a 10 year old, but now I think you might be a five year old who needs to retake kindergarten.

KIP was unleashed here.

If that was Kip unleashed, then maybe you should ask yourself if Kip was ever that good?

Happy for him. Smile

Happy for him, too Very Happy

9Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:48 pm

Stubbes

Stubbes

STFU Troll Mad

You are a miserable person that hurts everyone who is just trying to be happy. You always complain that no one wants to be around you but do nothing but hurt a community that has done nothing but be NICE to you for the last decade.

10Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:31 am

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Rold Returns! Giphy

11Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:16 am

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Jimmy Lee wrote:

The oldheads will be happy with that performance. I honestly didn't think Rold had live performances in him anymore but this proved me wrong. Rold said that he can really do 20-30 minute bursts anymore but he didn't skip a beat with that performance. Lived up to how "legendary" his tempo was and I still don't get why what he says was the worst night of his life is what we got as a release (Intercity).

It takes a big man to admit his mistakes... but it's good you can, too! Razz

I won't advocate for Rold to be a full time member anymore, but I'm still unsure why he couldn't be the with the band about 90% of the time. I will now admit that Berry is perfectly adequate enough to be the touring drummer, but I don't see why Rold couldn't be the drummer in the studio and for Greg's little pick-up gigs he does at bars around Pocatello. The country touring? Sure. Berry would be perfect for that (despite the inevitable tempo issues), but this gig proved that Rold has always been the foundation of the band.

I'll tell you a little story. When Berry was struggling with keeping tempo at the end of the Galore tour, Greg confided in me that he didn't really know why it was important drummers kept tempo anyway. I couldn't believe it, no wonder he never fully valued Adam Rold. Just one example (of many) where Greg didn't realize what made The Greg Olsen Experience.. well, The Greg Olsen Experience.

12Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:07 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

C'mon, dude. This again? Greg's favorite TGOE track right now is Canadian Traverse -- and you and I both know Rold couldn't have pulled off the end of that song OR Bermuda Joyride live or in the studio. Let it go. You're so quick to absolve Rold for his tempo issues on that live track but won't ever forget the leg of the tour where Berry struggled for the same thing. So tired of us being stuck in this discussion. Rold keeps a good tempo. But even he admits he couldn't be the drummer in TGOE anymore.

13Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:40 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Jimmy Lee wrote:C'mon, dude. This again? Greg's favorite TGOE track right now is Canadian Traverse -- and you and I both know Rold couldn't have pulled off the end of that song OR Bermuda Joyride live or in the studio. Let it go. You're so quick to absolve Rold for his tempo issues on that live track but won't ever forget the leg of the tour where Berry struggled for the same thing. So tired of us being stuck in this discussion. Rold keeps a good tempo. But even he admits he couldn't be the drummer in TGOE anymore.

You were just had to make this a Rold vs Berry thread, didn't you?

The thing is, I think Greg was at his most creative when he didn't have to lean on tempo changes as a crutch to his songwriting. The Beatles called the limitations of their recording equipment almost "liberating", because instead of getting lost in that medium of production, it allowed them to solely focus on their songwriting and what they could capture with what they had. Sure, maybe Canadian Traverse wouldn't sound the same -- but maybe with Rold, it would sound better. Same is true for Bermuda. There was a time when Greg understood this. But unfortunately, he forgot that what a band needs more than anything to survive is its listeners, as his decisions over the last two years have proven.

14Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:38 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Have you ever played an instrument in a TGOE song? Have you ever been hired out in an official capacity by the band? The answer to both questions is no - so therefore you can not dictate what Greg and the actual band members do with TGOE. I'd think you'd have been humbled enough after you leaked one of their songs and lost your admin title on the forum last year, but apparently you're still happy on top of your high horse.

What did I even do anyways? Didn't I give Rold credit in this thread? With you and WIT's response you'd think I'd attacked him.

15Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:43 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Jimmy Lee wrote:Have you ever played an instrument in a TGOE song? Have you ever been hired out in an official capacity by the band? The answer to both questions is no - so therefore you can not dictate what Greg and the actual band members do with TGOE. I'd think you'd have been humbled enough after you leaked one of their songs and lost your admin title on the forum last year, but apparently you're still happy on top of your high horse.

What did I even do anyways? Didn't I give Rold credit in this thread? With you and WIT's response you'd think I'd attacked him.

Oh, Jimmy. Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. Spare me your righteous indignation.

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Matthew 7:3

Perhaps I should politely remind you that this is a fan board. Where FANS can voice their opinions on a band they've invested in for so long. It seems you have forgotten that -- just like MDN and Greg Olsen when they decided to cancel me from my own site last year. I know you like to buddy-buddy with the band at Sandbagger's but I WILL NOT apologize for voicing my opinions. I am surprised you would bring that up to mock me in a sad attempt to score some internet points.

I'll be reading Romans tonight as I think about this, and I suggest you do the same.

The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.
Romans 14:3

16Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:52 pm

WhatIthought189

WhatIthought189

Seriously? None of you had ANYTHING to say about Stubbes post? You all just left me out to dry. Bridges you have the biggest, self-centered GOD complex out of anyone I have EVER MET. Of course, God is only on YOUR side when its CONVENIENT for YOU.

**** all of you.

17Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:22 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

Alright. That's enough of all that. Anyone who continues the Berry vs. Rold issue will be getting a thread ban.

Eric. You can't have posts insulting members and then report it to the mods when you get a response in kind. I recommend being more polite.

Cheers.

18Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:45 am

Marc David Nathin

Marc David Nathin
Admin

So.... two posts in this thread got reported to me WITH an additional e-mail in my inbox. This got pretty outta hand, huh? Thanks for taking care of things, Amanda.

A little birdie told me to ask what you all would think if TGOE and Buck, Thad & Kip got together for a few outdoor shows this summer? Let me know!

MDN

19Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:52 pm

Amanda Bridges

Amanda Bridges

That would be a dream come true!

20Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:13 pm

Jimmy Lee

Jimmy Lee

Would be a hell of a night at Sandbagger’s!

21Rold Returns! Empty Re: Rold Returns! Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:36 pm

Bridges

Bridges
Admin

Marc David Nathin wrote:So.... two posts in this thread got reported to me WITH an additional e-mail in my inbox. This got pretty outta hand, huh? Thanks for taking care of things, Amanda.

A little birdie told me to ask what you all would think if TGOE and Buck, Thad & Kip got together for a few outdoor shows this summer? Let me know!

MDN

I don't know. I guess I'm "interested", but I'd need to know the venue, the time, and quite honestly the setlist would be nice to know on the assumption that I can work it into my schedule. Hopefully Rold and Kip playing the classics will inspire Greg to do the same. I also agree with Jimmy. Let's do it out on the deck at Sandbagger's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum